States I've Visited

Monday, March 28, 2011

Genesis Day 10

We have babies!!! The basil, pear tomatoes and dill are up nicely, but my peas haven't sprouted yet!!! Germination is supposed to occur in 5 - 10 days and we're at day 10. Hrmph. Guess I'll try another batch. Tonight, I started Italian Ribbed zuchinni, Black Krim tomatoes and Black Cherry tomatoes. I did one row of each in an 18 cup egg carton (cardboard, of course). I was trying to figure out how to water them without making a mess. I used, with much success, a sippy cup! It was perfect! I had to squeeze it to get the water to come out, but the small holes was just enough to wet the soil without washing it away. April 22nd (our projected last frost date) can't get here fast enough. Especially considering we had snow on Sunday and are forecast for more this week! Sigh. Good things comes to those who wait...or so I'm told!!

No comments:

Post a Comment